- Passport: Original Passport with validity of a minimum of three months (from the date of return) and a minimum of two blank pages (One for sticker, one for border stamps)
a) Attach a copy of bio pages and the pages providing important travel information.
b) Passports issued beyond 10 years will not be accepted by the Embassy.
c) Handwritten passports will not be accepted.
d) Indian Passports can only be accepted if their biodata (name, date of birth, place of birth, & sex) have not been modified by an "observation". However, observation regarding the validity of the passport or any observation on the last page is acceptable.
e) Attach all your old passports (if any).
- Austria Visa Application Form: One visa application form duly filled and signed on column 37 and main column
The following forms also need to be duly filled, signed, and submitted along with the application
a) Declaration and Undertaking form
b) Letter of Guarantee
Please note: Applicant's mobile number should be mentioned in the visa form as Embassy / Consulate can contact the applicant at any point of time during visa processing
- Photo Specification: Two recent passport size colored photographs with matt or semi-matt finish, Photo should have a close up of your head and top of your shoulders so that your face takes up 70%-80% of the photograph, white background and without border (Size: 35mm x 40mm)
Please note: Photographs should not be more than 6 months old, scanned/stapled, and should not be used in any of the previous visas.
- Covering Letter: Covering-letter from the applicant on the company’s letterhead stating his name, designation, passport number, purpose, and a Cover letter explaining the purpose of the trip and business relation with the Austrian business partner (letter must confirm the identity of the applicant, place, and period of intended stay)
duration of visit duly signed by authorized signatory and addressed to – The Visa Officer, Embassy of Austria, New Delhi
- Invitation Letter: Invitation Letter from Austrian host / inviting Company on its letterhead stating the purpose of travel and duration of stay and should be duly signed with signatory’s name and designation.
In case the purpose of travel is other than business meetings
(training, voluntary work or project work, etc.):
Permission by the Austrian Labor Market Authority “AMS”(Entsendebewilligung, Anzeigebestätigung) to be
obtained by the inviting Austrian company
- If applicable - Electronic letter of guarantee - “EVE” or “GVE” - Elektronische Verpflichtungserklärung”
http://www.bmi.gv.at/cms/BMI_Fremdenpolizei/einreise_visa/Visum_6.aspx (to be obtained from the Austrian
business with the competent „Fremdenpolizeibehörde“ at the appropriate regional office in Austria (if
applicable) or in case of GVE at the Austrian Ministry of Interior
- Airline Reservation: Round trip air ticket.
- Proof of Accommodation: Hotel confirmation / Guarantee of the host company
- Medical: Overseas Medical Insurance for the stay duration amounting to 30,000 Euros to be submitted in original along with the photocopy. Insurance to be done by the Authorized Insurance Companies
Please Note: The policy should be either in English or German and should cover the entire period of the intended stay in the Schengen area.
a) Company’s and Personal I.T.R for last 3 yrs
b) Salary slips for the last 3 months
b) Original Company and Personal Bank Statement for last six months mentioning the Bank’s name, Bank’s Telephone Number clearly Mentioned. Note: Bank Statement should be on A4 size paper with seal and signature.
c) Credit Card statement/Foreign Exchange endorsement/Traveler’s Cheque (not mandatory)
- For First Time Traveler (Following documents apart from the above-mentioned documents need to be submitted along with the application)
a) Original Invitation Letter should be sent directly from the Austrian Company to the Embassy and a copy of the same should be submitted with the application
a) Company Registration Certificate / Certificate of Incorporation
b) Brief Company Profile
c) Articles of Memorandum (In case the applicant is MD/Director)
d) Proof of Proprietorship / Partnership (In case the applicant is Proprietor / Partner in a firm)
e) Import / Export License (if applicable)
f) Ownership proof
- Authorization Letter: Applicant will need to sign and submit an authorization letter authorizing Luft Holidays to submit and collect documents.
- Passport Collection Process: W.e.f 6 Feb 2015, Embassy has announced that representatives cannot collect the documents on behalf of applicants from Austria Visa Application Centres except in the following conditions :
a) Immediate family member(that is Parents, Children, Spouse)
b) One member of a family group collects the passports of the whole family.
c) A person collecting on behalf of Government officials if authorized on the Government letterhead or department.
If any of the above comes for passport collection they need to carry the following documents:
a) Original Government ID card
b) Original ICR
c) Original authorization letter from the applicant
However, applicants who do not wish to collect their documents in person & whose documents cannot be collected by one of the above will get their passports back by courier at an additional cost of Rs. 300/- to the dispatch address mentioned in the courier form & Covering Letter which has to be submitted along with the visa application.
- Please Note:
a) In case no specific address is mentioned on the Covering Letter and courier form, the passport will be sent to the address mentioned on the Visa Application Form.
b) As applications are being accepted only through appointment, we advise you to send your application well in advance so that we can arrange for an appointment for the timely processing of your visa.
c) VFS Business Checklist signed by the applicant.
- New Procedure for Schengen Visa Applications: With immediate effect, Indian citizens traveling to Schengen countries for the short-term (max 180 days ) will have to visit the VFS visa application center personally to provide biometric data (fingerprints and digital photograph). For subsequent applications within the next 5 years, the biometric data will be copied from the previous visa application included in the VIS.
Udaan-offices across India (http://www.udaanindia.com/contactus.html ) can facilitate the following services:-
a) Arrange an appointment for biometrics at VFS centers as per applicants’ convenience.
b) Offer expert guidance on the documentation for the relevant visa application.
c) Provide ‘Meet & Assist service at VFS centers by our Schengen specialists (24x7)
d) Assist in visa fee payments (Online, Demand Draft, Cash)
Exemptions from biometrics
- Note: Applicants re-applying for Austria short-stay visas, have to provide a Declaration Letter stating that 'he/she has undergone the biometrics process once and is authorizing a travel representative to submit and collect the documents on his/her behalf. However, if the Embassy wants the biometrics again, he/she will come personally and submit the application'. The format given below:
- Please Note: Effective from 2nd February 2020 applicants can apply for a Schengen Visa six months in advance.